Creative. Focused. Practical.
Mike partners with employers to provide counsel on the ever-expanding web of compliance issues in labor and employment law today, and also represents employers in litigation and arbitration matters.
When helping employers with compliance issues, Mike’s advice takes into account not only the client’s specific question or issue, but also how the client’s actions may have an impact on other areas of employment law that are not immediately apparent. Mike works with clients on compliance issues related to:
- Employment contracts
- Employee handbooks and other policies
- Discrimination and harassment issues
- Discipline of employees
- Separation of employees, including reductions in force and State and Federal WARN law compliance
Mike also represents clients in a broad range of litigation and arbitration matters. He focuses on finding solutions to disputes that are tailored to the employer’s specific needs. He has extensive experience representing clients in matters including:
- State and Federal employment litigation
- Complaints before State and Federal administrative bodies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Labor arbitrations, including discipline and contract interpretation cases
- Employment arbitrations
Mike has also written and spoken on a range of compliance and litigation matters, and has experience providing harassment training to clients and their employees.
- JD, Villanova University School of Law, cum laude
- BA, Syracuse University
- New York and New Jersey State Courts
- United States District Court – Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals – Second and Third Circuits
Mike lives in Northern New Jersey with his wife and daughter. In his spare time, he enjoys playing guitar and discovering new music.