Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). LinkedIn® is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation (“LinkedIn”). Please be advised that KZRJS is not in any way affiliated with Facebook or LinkedIn, and the Site Offerings are not endorsed, administered or sponsored by Facebook or LinkedIn.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of California and would like to learn how your “personal information” (as defined in the Shine the Light Law, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) is shared with third parties, what categories of personal information that we have shared with third parties in the preceding year, as well as the names and addresses of those third parties, please e-mail us at: email@example.com; call us at: (212) 935-6020; or send us U.S. mail to: Klein Zelman Rothermel Jacobs & Schess LLP, 485 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10022.
Personal Information Collected
Use of Personal Information
Where you submit personal information, we use the personal information that you make available to personalize your experience with the Site and to facilitate the delivery of the applicable Site Offerings to you, including to respond to any inquiries made by you.
You also agree that we may contact you at any time with updates and/or any other information that we may deem appropriate for you to receive in connection with your continued use of the Site Offerings, and to keep you informed of our other products and services.
We may also employ other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include sending direct and electronic mail, removing duplicate information from user lists, analyzing data and providing marketing analysis. The agents performing these limited functions on our behalf shall have access to our users’ personal information as needed to perform these functions for us, but we do not permit them to use user personal information for other purposes.
We will also use your personal information for customer service, to provide you with information that you may request, to customize your experience with the Site Offerings and/or to contact you when necessary in connection with your use of the Site Offerings. We may also use your personal information for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our service offerings including, without limitation, the Site Offerings. We may also combine the information we have gathered about you with information from other sources.
By submitting your personal information by and through the Site Offerings, you agree that such act constitutes an inquiry and/or application for purposes of the Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule (16 CFR §310 et seq.), as amended from time to time (the “Rule”) and applicable state do-not-call regulations. As such, notwithstanding that your telephone number may be listed on the Federal Trade Commission’s Do-Not-Call List, and/or on applicable state do-not-call lists, we retain the right to contact you via telemarketing in accordance with the Rule and applicable state do-not-call regulations.
We reserve the right to release current or past personal information: (i) in the event that we believe that the Site Offerings are being or have been used in violation of the Terms and Conditions or to commit unlawful acts; (ii) if the information is subpoenaed; provided, however, that, where permitted by applicable law, we shall provide you with e-mail notice, and opportunity to challenge the subpoena, prior to disclosure of any personal information pursuant to a subpoena; or (iii) if we are sold, merge with a third party, are acquired or are the subject of bankruptcy proceedings; provided, however, that if KZRJS is involved in a bankruptcy proceeding, merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices that you may have regarding your personal information.
You hereby consent to the disclosure of any record or communication to any third-party when we, in our sole discretion, determine the disclosure to be appropriate including, without limitation, sharing your e-mail address with third-parties for suppression purposes in compliance with applicable law, including the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, as amended from time to time. Users should also be aware that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, might have the authority under certain circumstances to permit personal information to be shared or transferred to third parties without permission.
Non-Personal Information Collection and Use
IP Addresses/Browser Type
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information about you and your desktop computer and/or mobile device when you visit many of the pages of the Site. This non-personally identifiable information includes, without limitation, the type of browser that you use (e.g., Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer), your IP address, the type of operating system that you use (e.g., Windows or iOS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Verizon, AT&T). We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of the Site Offerings and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze usage of the Site Offerings.
In general, users may be able to disable some, or all, of this tracking activity by utilizing the “Do Not Track” setting or similar options within most major Internet browsers. In addition, users may be able to opt-out of this form of tracking utilizing the options made available by the Network Advertising Initiative or Digital Advertising Alliance.
Cross Device Tracking
KZRJS does not track users’ use of the Site Offerings across multiple devices, including personal computers and mobile devices.
KZRJS reserves the right to transfer and/or sell aggregate or group data about users of the Site Offerings for lawful purposes. Aggregate or group data is data that describes the demographics, usage and other characteristics of Site Offerings users as a group, without disclosing personally identifiable information.
Social Media Websites and Interactive Services
If you engage in any interaction with KZRJS, other users or any third party on any Social Media Pages or via the Interactive Services, you should be aware that: (a) the personal information that you submit by and through such Social Media Pages and/or Interactive Services, as applicable, can be read, collected and/or used by other users of these mobile applications/websites/services (depending on your privacy settings associated with your accounts with the applicable Social Media Websites), and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or otherwise to contact you without your consent or desire; and (b) where KZRJS responds to any interaction on such Social Media Pages, your account name/handle may be viewable by any and all members/users of KZRJS’s social media accounts.
We are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit on, or link to, any Social Media Pages or via the Interactive Services. The Social Media Pages operate independently from KZRJS, and we are not responsible for such Social Media Pages’ interfaces or privacy or security practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of the Social Media Pages with which you interact to help you understand those Social Media Pages’ privacy practices. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of any Social Media Pages that you use, please refer to their applicable privacy notices or policies.
This Site may contain links to third-party owned and/or operated websites including, without limitation, the Social Media Websites. KZRJS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. In some cases, you may be able to make a purchase through one of these third-party websites. In these instances, you may be required to provide certain information, such as a credit card number, to register or complete a transaction at such website. These third-party websites have separate privacy and data collection practices and KZRJS has no responsibility or liability relating to them.
We endeavor to safeguard and protect our users’ personal information. When users make personal information available to us, their personal information is protected both online and offline (to the extent that we maintain any personal information offline). Where we ask users to enter sensitive information, if ever, and when we store and transmit such sensitive information, that information is encrypted with advanced TLS (Transport Layer Security).
Access to your personal information is strictly limited, and we take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is not accessible to the public. All of our users’ personal information is restricted in our offices, as well as the offices of our third party service providers. Only employees or third party agents who need user personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to user personal information. Our employees are dedicated to ensuring the security and privacy of all user personal information. Employees not adhering to our firm policies are subject to disciplinary action. The servers that we store user personal information on are kept in a secure physical environment. We also have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
Please be advised, however, that while we take every reasonable precaution available to protect your data, no storage facility, technology, software, security protocols or data transmission over the Internet or via wireless networks can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Computer hackers that circumvent our security measures may gain access to certain portions of your personal information, and technological bugs, errors and glitches may cause inadvertent disclosures of your personal information; provided, however, that any attempt to breach the security of the network, our servers, databases or other hardware or software may constitute a crime punishable by law. For the reasons mentioned above, we cannot warrant that your personal information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through the Site, other Site Offerings or otherwise via the Internet or wireless networks, is done at your own risk.
In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, we shall notify you and any applicable regulatory agencies in the event that we learn of an information security breach with respect to your personal information. You will be notified via e-mail in the event of such a breach. Please be advised that notice may be delayed in order to address the needs of law enforcement, determine the scope of network damage, and to engage in remedial measures.
Visitors under eighteen (18) years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their personal information at the Site. KZRJS does not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under eighteen (18) years of age. KZRJS encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
To opt-out of receiving e-mail and other forms of communications from us, you can: (a) follow the instructions included in the applicable e-mail message or other communication; or (b) e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may continue to contact you for the purpose of communicating information relating to your request for Site Offerings, as well as to respond to any inquiry or request made by you. To opt-out of receiving Site Offerings-related and/or inquiry response-related messages from KZRJS, you must cease requesting and/or utilizing the Site Offerings and/or cease submitting inquiries to KZRJS, as applicable.
Deleting, Modifying and Updating Your Information
At your request, we will: (a) inform you of what personal information we have on file for you; (b) amend the personal information that we have on file for you; and/or (c) remove personal information that you have provided to us, or that we have collected. You may do so by e-mailing us at: email@example.com. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Please be advised that deleting your personal information may terminate your access to certain of the Site Offerings. If you wish to continue using the full complement of Site Offerings, you may not be able to delete all of the personal information that we have on file for you.
Please be further advised that, after you delete your personal information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Transfer of Personal Information Internationally
Filing a Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
To file a complaint regarding our privacy practices, please Click Here.
Website Terms and Conditions
Each end-user visitor to the Site (“user,” “you” or “your”) agrees to the terms of the Agreement, in their entirety, when she/he: (a) accesses or uses the Site; (b) accesses and/or views any of the blog posts, articles, text, video and/or other information featured on the Site (the “Content”); (c) accesses links to KZRJS’s social media pages/accounts on third party social media websites, such as Facebook® and LinkedIn® (collectively, “Social Media Pages”); (d) accesses certain message boards, comments sections, customer ratings and other interactive features of the Site (collectively, “Interactive Services”); and/or (e) utilizes the various contact forms (“Forms”) and/or contact information made available on the Site as a means to contact directly, or request to be contacted by, KZRJS (collectively, the “Contact Services,” and together with the Site, Content, Social Media Pages and Interactive Services, the “Site Offerings”).
PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IF A USER DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT IN THEIR ENTIRETY, THAT USER IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THE SITE OFFERINGS IN ANY MANNER OR FORM.
THE AGREEMENT CONTAINS DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, RELEASES, A CLASS-ACTION WAIVER, AND THE REQUIREMENT TO ARBITRATE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT MAY ARISE HEREUNDER AGAINST KZRJS, AS WELL AS ITS PARTNERS, ASSOCIATES AND RELATED PARTIES (COLLECTIVELY, “COVERED PARTIES”), WHO ARE EXPRESS THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES OF THE MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION. THE AFOREMENTIONED PROVISIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE AGREEMENT.
NEW JERSEY STATE RESIDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REVIEW THEIR RIGHTS UNDER THE AGREEMENT, AS PROVIDED UNDER THE NEW JERSEY TRUTH-IN-CONSUMER CONTRACT WARRANTY AND NOTICE ACT (“TCCWNA”).
The Site Offerings are offered for informational purposes only. The Site Offerings are not intended to offer legal advice, recommendations, mediation or counseling in connection with any legal matter, under any circumstances, and no element of the Site Offerings should be construed as such. Any use of the Content by a user is not intended to, and will not create, an attorney-client relationship between any such user and us. We disclaim any and all liability for any loss, damage, or injury based on information directly or indirectly obtained through the Site Offerings.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). LinkedIn® is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation (“LinkedIn”). Please be advised that KZRJS is not in any way affiliated with Facebook or LinkedIn, and the Site Offerings are not endorsed, administered or sponsored by Facebook or LinkedIn.
- Scope; Modification of Agreement. The Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between users and KZRJS with respect to users’ use of the Site Offerings, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and/or understandings with respect to same. KZRJS may amend the Agreement from time to time in its sole discretion, without specific notice to users; provided, however, that any amendment or modification to the arbitration provisions, prohibition on class action provisions or any other provisions applicable to dispute resolution (collectively, “Dispute Resolution Provisions”) shall not apply to any disputes incurred prior to the applicable amendment or modification. The latest Agreement will be posted on the Site, and users should review the Agreement prior to using any Site Offerings. By a user’s continued use of the Site Offerings, that user hereby agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions contained within the Agreement effective at that time (other than with respect to disputes arising prior to the amendment or modification of the Dispute Resolution Provisions, which shall be governed by the Dispute Resolution Provisions then in effect at the time of the subject dispute).
- Requirements; Termination of Access to the Site Offerings; Necessary Equipment. The Site Offerings are available only to individuals who: (a) are over eighteen (18) years of age (or the applicable age of majority, if greater than eighteen (18) years of age in their respective jurisdictions of residence); (b) can enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law; and (c) are either acting in their individual capacity or are acting in their capacity as duly authorized representatives of a valid legal entity (“Entity”) (collectively, “Usage Requirements”). The Site Offerings are not intended for individuals who do not satisfy the Usage Requirements, including individuals under eighteen (18) years of age (or the applicable age of majority, if greater than eighteen (18) years of age in their respective jurisdictions of residence), individuals who cannot enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law and/or individuals attempting to register on behalf of an Entity who are not duly authorized representatives of that Entity. If a user does not satisfy the Usage Requirements in their entirety, that user does not have permission to access or use the Site Offerings. Where a user registers on behalf of an Entity, that Entity shall be bound by all provisions applicable to users set forth in the Agreement as if that Entity were a user, including the indemnification provisions, representations and warranties, limitations of liability and disclaimers.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, KZRJS may terminate your right to access the Site Offerings at any time where you: (i) are in any way in breach of the Agreement; (ii) are engaged in any improper conduct in connection with the Site Offerings; and/or (iii) are, at any time, conducting any unauthorized commercial activity by or through your use of the Site Offerings.
You shall be responsible, at all times, for ensuring that you have an Internet connection, computer/mobile device, up-to-date Internet browser versions, a functioning e-mail account, applicable software, applicable hardware and/or other equipment necessary to access the Site Offerings. KZRJS does not guarantee the quality, speed or availability of the Internet connection associated with your mobile device and/or computer. KZRJS does not guarantee that the Site Offerings can be accessed: (A) on all mobile devices; (B) through all wireless service plans; (C) in connection with all Internet browsers; or (D) in all geographical areas. Standard messaging, data and wireless access fees may apply to your use of the Site Offerings through your wireless device. You are fully responsible for all such charges and KZRJS has no liability or responsibility to you, whatsoever, for any such charges billed by your wireless carrier.
- Content. The Site contains Content which includes, but is not limited to: (a) “About the Firm” and “Practice Areas” sections that describe KZRJS’s legal practice; (b) an “Our Attorneys” section that contains information regarding KZRJS’s attorneys; (c) an updated list of publications authored by, or featuring, KZRJS attorneys; and (d) other materials concerning KZRJS, its practice, and timely legal issues and current events. The Content is offered for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to serve as legal advice, or offer recommendations, mediation or counseling in connection with any legal matter, under any circumstances, and no element of the Content should be construed as such. Any use of the Content by you is not intended to, and will not create, an attorney-client relationship between you and us.
- Social Media Pages. The Site contains links to the various KZRJS Social Media Pages. The Social Media Pages are hosted and made available on third party websites (“Social Media Websites”) by third party entities. Your use of Social Media Pages and Social Media Websites shall be governed by those Social Media Websites’ applicable agreements, terms and conditions. You understand and agree that KZRJS shall not be liable to you, any other user or any third party for any claim in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the Social Media Pages and/or Social Media Websites.
- Interactive Services.
(a) User Content. In connection with the Interactive Services, users may be able to upload and/or post certain comments, content, material, communications, feedback and/or other information (collectively, the “User Content”). By making the User Content available by and through the Interactive Services or otherwise through the Site Offerings, each user provides to KZRJS a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to make same available by and through the Site Offerings. Without limiting the foregoing, user acknowledges and agrees that KZRJS shall be free to utilize certain features and aspects of the User Content in connection with marketing and promoting the Site Offerings to third parties. Each user represents and warrants that she/he owns and/or has any and all rights to publish, display, perform and permit the use of, and grant the license associated with, the User Content as contemplated by the Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, KZRJS may reject and/or remove any User Content at any time and for any reason, in KZRJS’s sole discretion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, KZRJS undertakes no responsibility to monitor or otherwise police the User Content made available by and through the Site Offerings. Each user and third-party agrees that KZRJS shall: (i) have no obligations and incur no liabilities to such party in connection with any such User Content; and (ii) not be liable to any party for any claim in connection with the User Content.
(b) User Content Restrictions. In connection with the User Content, each user agrees not to: (i) display any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs, e-mail addresses or any confidential information of any third-party; (ii) display any audio files, text, photographs, videos or other images that may be deemed indecent or obscene in the applicable user’s community, as defined under applicable law; (iii) impersonate any person or entity; (iv) “stalk” or otherwise harass any person; (v) engage in advertising to, or commercial solicitation of, users or other third parties; (vi) transmit any chain letters, spam or junk e-mail to any users or other third parties; (vii) express or imply that any statements it makes are endorsed by KZRJS; (viii) harvest or collect personal information of end-users or other third parties whether or not for commercial purposes, without their express consent; (ix) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site Offerings or related content; (x) post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights; (xi) remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained within the Site Offerings; (xii) interfere with or disrupt any of the Site Offerings and/or the servers or networks connected to same; (xiii) post, offer for download, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (xiv) post, offer for download, transmit, promote or otherwise make available any software, product or service that is illegal or that violates the rights of a third-party including, but not limited to, spyware, adware, programs designed to send unsolicited advertisements (i.e. “spamware”), services that send unsolicited advertisements, programs designed to initiate “denial of service” attacks, mail bomb programs and programs designed to gain unauthorized access to networks on the Internet; (xv) “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site; (xvi) use metatags or code or other devices containing any reference to the Site Offerings in order to direct any person to any other website for any purpose; and/or (xvii) modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Site Offerings or any software used on or in connection with same. Engaging in any of the aforementioned prohibited practices shall be deemed a breach of the Agreement and may result in the immediate termination of such user’s account and/or access to some or all of the Site Offerings without notice, in the sole discretion of KZRJS. KZRJS reserves the right to pursue any and all legal remedies against users that engage in the aforementioned prohibited conduct.
- Representations and Warranties. Each user hereby represents and warrants to KZRJS as follows: (a) the Agreement constitutes the legal, valid and binding obligation of user, which is fully enforceable against such user in accordance with its terms; (b) user understands and agrees that user has independently evaluated the desirability of utilizing the Site Offerings and that user has not relied on any representation and/or warranty other than those set forth in the Agreement; (c) such user’s conduct and, where applicable, User Content, will not: (i) invade the right of privacy or publicity of any third person; (iii) infringe upon the proprietary and/or intellectual property rights of any third party; and/or (iii) violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations; and/or (d) the execution, delivery and performance of the Agreement by user will not conflict with or violate: (i) any order, judgment or decree applicable to user; and/or (ii) any agreement or other instrument applicable to user.
- Indemnification. Each user agrees to indemnify, defend and hold KZRJS, its partners, associates and employees, harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims, actions, suits, proceedings, judgments, fines, damages, costs, losses and/or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs and/or settlement costs) arising from and/or related to: (a) any dispute between that user and any third party; (b) user’s breach of the Agreement and/or any representation or warranty contained herein; (c) user’s User Content, if any; and/or (d) user’s improper and/or unauthorized use of the Site Offerings in any manner whatsoever. The provisions of this Section 8 are for the benefit of KZRJS and the Covered Parties. Each of these individuals and entities shall have the right to assert and enforce these provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
- License Grant. Each user is granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable and limited license to access and use the Site Offerings. KZRJS may terminate this license at any time for any reason. Unless otherwise expressly authorized by KZRJS, users may only use the Site Offerings for their own personal, non-commercial use. No part of the Site Offerings may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical. No user or other third party may use any automated means or form of scraping or data extraction to access, query or otherwise collect material from the Site Offerings except as expressly permitted by KZRJS. No user or other third party may use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or transfer the Site Offerings, or any portion thereof. No user or other third party may create any “derivative works” by altering any aspect of the Site Offerings. No user or other third party may use the Site Offerings in conjunction with any other third-party content. No user or other third party may exploit any aspect of the Site Offerings for any commercial purposes not expressly permitted by KZRJS. Each user further agrees to indemnify and hold KZRJS harmless for that user’s failure to comply with this Section 9. KZRJS reserves any rights not explicitly granted in the Agreement.
- Proprietary Rights. The Site Offerings, as well as the organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion, software, services and other matters related to same, are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including, but not limited to, intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution or publication by any user or other third party of any part of the Site Offerings is strictly prohibited. No user or other third party acquires ownership rights in or to any content, document, software, services or other materials viewed by or through the Site Offerings. The posting of information or material by and through the Site Offerings does not constitute a waiver of any right in or to such information and/or materials.
- Legal Warning. Any attempt by any individual to damage, destroy, tamper with, vandalize and/or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Site Offerings is a violation of criminal and civil law and KZRJS will diligently pursue any and all remedies against any offending individual or entity to the fullest extent permissible by law and in equity.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE OFFERINGS AND ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME ARE PROVIDED TO USERS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, KZRJS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME: (A) WILL MEET ANY USER’S REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) WILL BE FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (D) WILL ENABLE ANY USER TO OBTAIN KZRJS LEGAL SERVICES; AND/OR (E) WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. KZRJS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE AVAILABILITY OF THE UNDERLYING INTERNET CONNECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE SITE OFFERINGS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY ANY USER FROM KZRJS OR OTHERWISE THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE OFFERINGS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE AGREEMENT.
- Limitation of Liability. EACH USER EXPRESSLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT KZRJS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THAT USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF KZRJS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW FOR: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, CONTENT AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE OFFERINGS; (C) ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN ANY USERS AND/OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES; (D) THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, ANY REGISTRATION DATA; (E) THE FAILURE TO OBTAIN KZRJS LEGAL SERVICES; AND (F) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, IN THE AGGREGATE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION AND ANY AND ALL OTHER TORTS. EACH USER HEREBY RELEASES KZRJS FROM ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES AND CLAIMS IN EXCESS OF THE LIMITATIONS STATED HEREIN. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT PERMIT SUCH LIMITATIONS, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF KZRJS TO ANY USER UNDER ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00). NO ACTION, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING OUT OF THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME, MAY BE BROUGHT BY ANY USER OR KZRJS MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR FOLLOWING THE EVENT WHICH GAVE RISE TO THE CAUSE OF ACTION. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN EACH USER AND KZRJS. ACCESS TO THE SITE OFFERINGS WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED TO USERS WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS, SUCH AS THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY, DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY AND IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS THE LIABILITY OF KZRJS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Third Party Websites. The Site Offerings contain links to other websites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties including, without limitation, the Social Media Websites. KZRJS does not control the information, products or services made available on, by or through these third party websites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by KZRJS of the applicable website or any association with the website’s operators. Because KZRJS has no control over such websites and/or resources, each user agrees that KZRJS is not responsible or liable for the availability or the operation of such external websites, for any material located on or available from or through any such websites or for the protection of any user’s data privacy by third parties. Each user further agrees that KZRJS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by the use of or reliance on any such material available on, by or through any such site.
- Editing, Deleting and Modification. KZRJS reserves the right in its sole discretion to edit and/or delete any documents, information or Content appearing on the Site.
- Copyright Policy/DMCA Compliance. KZRJS reserves the right to terminate the account of any User who infringes upon third-party copyrights. If any User or other third-party believes that a copyrighted work has been copied and/or posted via the KZRJS Offerings in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, that party should provide KZRJS with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work; (b) an identification and location of the copyrighted work that such party claims has been infringed upon; (c) a written statement by such party that it has a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner, its agent or the law; (d) such party’s name and contact information, such as telephone number or e-mail address; and (e) a statement by such party that the above information in such party’s notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that such party is the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact information for KZRJS’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows:
Klein Moynihan Turco LLP
Attn: Copyright Attorney
450 Seventh Avenue, 40th Floor
New York, NY 10123
Fax: (212) 216-9559
- Dispute Resolution Provisions. The Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in New York, NY and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York (without regard to conflict of law principles). The parties hereby agree to arbitrate all claims that may arise under the Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, should a dispute arise between the parties including, without limitation, any matter concerning the Site Offerings, the terms and conditions of the Agreement or the breach of same by any party hereto: (a) the parties agree to submit their dispute for resolution by arbitration before the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in New York, NY, in accordance with the then current Commercial Arbitration rules of the AAA; and (b) you agree to first commence a formal dispute proceeding by completing and submitting an Initial Dispute Notice which can be found here. We may choose to provide you with a final written settlement offer after receiving your Initial Dispute Notice (“Final Settlement Offer”). If we provide you with a Final Settlement Offer and you do not accept it, or we cannot otherwise satisfactorily resolve your dispute and you wish to proceed, you must submit your dispute for resolution by arbitration before the AAA, in your county of residence, by filing a separate Demand for Arbitration, which is available here. For claims of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) or less, you can choose whether the arbitration proceeds in person, by telephone or based only on submissions. If the arbitrator awards you relief that is greater than our Final Settlement Offer, then we will pay all filing, administration and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration and, if you retained an attorney to represent you in connection with the arbitration, we will reimburse any reasonable attorneys’ fees that your attorney accrued for investigating, preparing and pursuing the claim in arbitration. Any award rendered shall be final and conclusive to the parties and a judgment thereon may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Although we may have a right to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses if we prevail in arbitration, we will not seek such an award from you unless the arbitrator determines that your claim was frivolous.
To the extent permitted by law, you agree that you will not bring, join or participate in any class action lawsuit as to any claim, dispute or controversy that you may have against the Covered Parties and/or their respective employees, officers, directors, members, representatives and/or assigns. You agree to the entry of injunctive relief to stop such a lawsuit or to remove you as a participant in the suit. You agree to pay the attorney’s fees and court costs that any Covered Party incurs in seeking such relief. This provision preventing you from bringing, joining or participating in class action lawsuits: (i) does not constitute a waiver of any of your rights or remedies to pursue a claim individually and not as a class action in binding arbitration as provided above; and (ii) is an independent agreement. You may opt-out of these dispute resolution provisions by providing written notice of your decision within thirty (30) days of the date that you first access the Site.
- Miscellaneous. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site Offerings is in conflict or inconsistent with the Agreement, the Agreement shall take precedence. KZRJS’s failure to enforce any provision of the Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. The parties do not intend that any agency or partnership relationship be created through operation of the Agreement. Should any part of the Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. KZRJS may assign its rights and obligations under the Agreement, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without notice to you. The Agreement, may not however, be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under it. Headings are for reference purposes only, and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
- Contact Us. If you have any questions about the Agreement, Site Offerings or the practices of KZRJS, you may email us as at: firstname.lastname@example.org; call us at: (212) 935-6020; or send us U.S. mail to: Klein Zelman Rothermel Jacobs & Schess LLP, 485 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10022.